Under general supervision of the Director of Athletics, the Men’s Lacrosse Coach will be in charge of all aspects of the Men's Lacrosse program, including recruitment of quality student athletes, retention, fundraising, conditioning programs, organizing and planning practices, game strategies. The expectation is the coach will to contribute to the educational mission of the University by offering direction and instruction in the sport of Men's Lacrosse.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the educational mission of the University by coordinating the instruction of student athletes in the area of Men's Lacrosse;
- Recruit quality student-athletes for the Men’s Lacrosse program;
- Instruct methods and strategies and coach student-athletes in the sport;
- Schedule practices;
- Transport and supervise student-athletes while on the road;
- Train and supervise assistant/associate coach(es);
- Participate in fundraising activities to supplement the operational budget for the program;
- Monitor specific sport budget(s) to ensure fiscal responsibility;
- Operate the program under the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA, and the North Atlantic Conference.
- This position will be responsible for monitoring academic performance of student athletes. This includes overseeing of class attendance, grades, class performance and study habits to encourage the attainment of a degree and maintain athletics eligibility.
- Minimum requirements include a bachelor's degree and at least one year of experience coaching at the collegiate level.
- Must be available to travel, have a valid driver's license, be able to drive for the purpose of university business, and be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.