Lawrence University openly invites applications for our inaugural Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach. The Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach is primarily responsible for the successful development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the new men’s lacrosse program. With the men’s lacrosse inaugural playing season taking place during the spring of the 2024-25 academic year, the initial primary focus will be on recruitment.
- Responsible for recruiting student-athletes who fit the mission of the University and creating the culture for the men’s lacrosse team.
- Expected to be familiar with and abide by the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association and Conference.
- Responsible for planning, communicating, and executing all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division III men’s lacrosse program.
- Responsible for organizing and conducting practice sessions.
- Responsible for all game execution, management, and operations.
- Responsible for the academic progress of student-athletes, assisting in the development of each student-athlete’s graduation plan, and ensuring academic accountability by continually monitoring progress reports during the entire academic year.
- Works with Director of Athletics on scheduling and is responsible for maintaining a file of game contracts for each season.
- Responsible for annually preparing a zero-based operational budget for their sport and ensures fiscal accountability by continually monitoring the budget during the year.
- 3-5 years of successful coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Established recruiting based.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Must have successful completion of criminal and MVR background check, meet University Authorized Driver Policy requirements, and favorable completion of reference checks.