To serve as the Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach. The head coach will be in charge of all aspects of the Men’s Lacrosse program, including recruitment of quality student athletes, retention, fundraising, conditioning programs, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, and assisting in scheduling contests and coordinating travel.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the educational mission of the University by coordinating the instruction of student athletes in the area of Men’s Lacrosse.
- Recruit quality student-athletes for the Men’s Lacrosse program;
- Instruct methods, strategies, and coach student-athletes in the sport.
- Schedule practices and competitions.
- Assist with coordinating travel (ex: bus/van, hotel, meals, etc.).
- Transport and supervise student-athletes while on the road.
- Train and supervise assistant coaches.
- Participate in fundraising activities to supplement the operational budget for the program.
- Monitor specific sport budget to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Bachelor of Science/Associates Degree or equivalent experience in physical education, or related/appropriate discipline.
- Current CPR/AED Certification.
- Available weekdays late afternoons, evenings, and some weekends.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and productive working relations with athletic staff, trainers, student-athletes, and athletic administration.