The Holy Cross men's lacrosse program has a strong history in one of the nation's most competitive lacrosse leagues, consistently challenging for national recognition against some of the country's top opponents. The College is looking for an innovative and dynamic leader to head the program, seeking a qualified candidate who will work tirelessly with students, staff, and alumni to build and maintain excellence in the men's lacrosse program.
Responsibilities & Expectations for the Position:
- Maintaining the College's commitments to academic and athletic excellence, personal growth and development, and full participation in all aspects of college life.
- Managing and administrating an intercollegiate men's lacrosse program that regularly competes for Patriot League championships.
- Hiring, motivating, supervising, evaluating and developing assistant coaches.
- Identifying and recruiting top-level student-athletes, with a strong desire to teach, coach and mentor a group of diverse young men.
- Managing program budget, travel and equipment logistics with department administration.
- Positively representing the program internally and externally with entities including, but not limited to: faculty and staff, admissions and financial aid, friends and family of Holy Cross lacrosse, fans, donors, and the greater college community.
- A bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree is preferred.
- Previous experience and success with Division I athletics programs is highly desirable; success as a Division I, II or III head coach is also highly desirable.
- Proven commitment to excellence in academics and athletics.
- An understanding of the recruitment process and the ability to work collaboratively with Admissions staff in the enrollment of student-athletes to an academically rigorous institution.
- Demonstrated commitment to understand, value and respect diversity as an individual, within a team and within groups while fostering an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Evidence of high ethical standards as well as personal and professional integrity.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.