To assist with the daily coaching and recruitment activities of the team. Providing senior level assistance to the Coach with all areas of the program including but not limited to coaching, film exchange, and budget administration and recruiting of prospective student athletes.
- Oversees and participates practice and game coaching.
- Participates in the planning of game strategy.
- Participates in instruction and demonstrations during practice conditioning sessions.
- Recruits student-athletes.
- Monitors the academic progress of the program’s student-athletes.
- Monitors conditioning, summer camp, community involvement, public relations and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- May supervise Assistant Coach(es) in absence of Head Coach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s).
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.