The head coach is responsible for the implementation of a competitive sport program including coaching, recruiting, and retention of student athletes. Recommends the hiring of assistant coaches and provides supervision to assistant coaches and related staff. The coach is responsible for the implementation and compliance of all college, and other sport affiliation policies governing athletics. Reports directly to the AVP of Athletics.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of all team practices, contests, and off-season programs.
- Understanding and competent operation of the SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System).
- Recruits student athletes according to Admission Office procedures.
- Prepares game schedules and is responsible for coordinating travel and meal arrangements.
- Responsible for the operation of the program within budget parameters and submits annual budget requests to the athletic director.
- Cooperates with other staff to ensure that the student athlete is provided with services to succeed academically and personally.
- Participates in activities that promote the development of the student athlete and the sport in the local community.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred from accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree, preferred.
- 3+ years Previous coaching experience.
- Demonstrated abilities to work effectively in a small college setting and ability to balance student athlete needs within a student development prospective.