The Head Men’s Soccer Coach is responsible for all aspects of coaching the SC men’s soccer program: recruiting student athletes, coordinating practices and activity travel, and promoting events and activities. Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head Men’s Soccer Coach will serve as a leader of a program that competes in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference as part of the NAIA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all aspects of the men’s soccer program and all athletes associated with the program.
- Successfully manage all athletes associated with the program with a targeted focus on academic success, program culture and actions of the student-athletes.
- Design and implementation of effective practice and game plans.
- Direct and independent coaching and skills development of student-athletes during practice and games.
- Assessment and recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
- Supervising off-season programs, scouting reports and player development.
- Supervising budget management, equipment oversight, travel planning, and summer camps programming.
- Participation in public relations, marketing and fundraising for the men’s soccer program and the athletic department.
Qualifications and Special Skills:
- Previous competitive soccer coaching and recruiting experience is required. Preferred qualifications include head coaching experience or at least 5 years of coaching experience in soccer.
- Experience managing a coaching staff and team members effectively.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate soccer.
- Skill preparing, monitoring, and maintaining budgets.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional manner.
- Ability to relate to a diverse population.
- Ability to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information.