The Men's Soccer Head Coach will lead the efforts of at least one assistant coach, will coordinate recruiting for the program, coordinate and create scheduling and budget for the program, will assist the department in athletic fundraising for the program, and ensure the academic success of student-athletes.
- A bachelor's degree required, a master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years in higher education or a related field required.
- Minimum of three years coaching with, and providing guidance for, an intercollegiate
Soccer program or comparable professional league experience required.
- Possession of a soccer coaching license preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Valid driver’s license is required for travel, must pass defensive driving and DMV check.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- Thorough knowledge of organizational theory, practice, and procedures.
- Proven leadership in an environment that enhances community and diversity.
- Ability to effectively communicate/present information and respond to questions within the campus and with outside constituencies.
- Working knowledge of alumni, development, and public affairs practices.
- Excellent organizational, community and public relation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
- Interpret technical procedures or regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.