The Head Men’s Soccer Coach is responsible for planning and administering all aspects of the men’s soccer program including but not limited to the following:
- Recruiting and retaining qualified student-athletes in compliance with all University, NAIA, and Red River Athletic Conference regulations and policies.
- Preparing a competitive schedule and coaching team during scheduled practices and competitions.
- Maintaining the game and practice fields of the soccer complex.
- Serving as a mentor to student-athletes helping them develop academically, physically, and socially.
- Monitoring student-athletes in their academic performance to assure timely progress toward degree completion and graduation.
- Organizing and conducting fundraisers for the men’s soccer program that will expand the financial support for the program.
- Maintaining responsibility for expense control with all program expenditures.
- Attending, when mandatory, departmental staff meetings and special events of both the Athletic Department and University.
- Working with the University and local community to help promote and publicize the team and LSUS Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master’s Degree Preferred.
- At least 2 years coaching experience (Head/Assistant) at the collegiate or high school level with a demonstrated record of success; head coaching experience preferred; collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- United States Soccer Federation National Coaching License preferred.