A successful soccer coach at Clarkson University will provide effective leadership in each of the following areas in relation to their sport: recruiting, teaching/coaching, counseling, marketing, alumni relations, fund raising, and sport administration. It will be necessary to prioritize and balance these activities in a manner that best promotes and advances their sport within all Clarkson University, Liberty League, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Promote the mission and goals of Clarkson University, the NCAA and the athletic department.
- Recruit quality student-athletes who will fit the academic and athletic profile for Clarkson University.
- Evaluate prospective student-athletes and decide whether they are potential members of the Clarkson University Soccer Team.
- Determine a recruiting plan for each academic year to evaluate and recruit student-athletes to Clarkson University.
- Effectively develop a teaching/coaching plan that best utilizes the strengths (individual and collective) of the Soccer Team.
- Develop practice and game preparation plans.
- Assist student-athletes with their academic progress.
- Work with the athletic administration to develop appropriate non-conference and conference schedules.
- Tactical and technical expertise in the sport of men's soccer,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Ability to multi-task,
- Must be able to problem solve, suggest and implement solutions,
- Demonstrated commitment to furthering the goals and objectives of both, the University and Athletics Department,
- Ability to successfully recruit quality student-athletes,