The Head Men’s Soccer Coach will have overall responsibility to develop and operate a competitive intercollegiate program by recruiting, retaining, teaching and mentoring quality student-athletes in the program. The head coach will also manage the men’s soccer staff effectively and efficiently.
- Recruit and retain athletically skilled and academically qualified student-athletes into the men’s soccer program.
- Oversee the men’s soccer operating budget with integrity.
- Develop and implement modern and effective soccer techniques and strategies through practices and competitions.
- Arrange transportation and practices schedules in context of department guidelines, working with appropriate departmental and institutional personnel.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with local media, high school coaches, the Decatur community and the extended Millikin University community to promote the soccer program in a positive manner.
- Comply with all applicable Millikin University, CCIW and NCAA rules, regulations and policies.
- Develop a competitive season schedule of non-conference games within the NCAA Division III philosophy.
- Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years of college coaching or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of the sport of soccer.
- Ability to recruit and retain quality soccer student-athletes.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to various audiences.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team atmosphere in the Athletic Department.
- Strong commitment to the University and NCAA Division III philosophy.