The Head Coach for NC State Men’s Soccer is responsible for the leadership and management of all phases of the program. Conduct all applicable operations in a manner that upholds the philosophy and objectives of the Department of Athletics and the University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and develop student-athletes to reach their full potential, academically, athletically and socially, as individuals and as a team.
- Build a men’s soccer program that annually competes at the highest levels of the ACC and the NCAA.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the Department and University, as well as the rules and regulations of the ACC, the NCAA, and other authorities that legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of elite student-athletes, both academically and athletically. Ensure compliance by staff with NCAA guidelines. Initiate the process for determining academic eligibility and issuing National Letters of Intent.
- Monitor the eligibility status and promote the academic progress of student-athletes by working closely with the Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes (ASPSA) and supporting the Academic Skills Program. Assist in enforcing study hall attendance for freshmen and academically at-risk student-athletes. Demonstrate a commitment to achieving team goals pertaining to the Federal Graduation Rate, Graduation Success Rate and the Academic Performance Rate, the three nationally recognized academic metrics.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the personal development and overall well being of student-athletes, including support for and participation in departmental programming, support services and related initiatives.
- Knowledge of and commitment to compliance with ACC, NCAA and University guidelines.
- Commitment to integrity and creating a welcoming environment.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as written and oral communication skills.