The Head Coach is responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective and competitive NCAA Division III men’s soccer program. The recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes in this program will be integral to this position. The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects that relate to the Men’s Soccer program to include the ongoing development of the student-athletes.
- Based on university and departmental mission, effectively recruit student-athletes to fill and maintain a team roster based on NCAA Division III collegiate standards.
- Provide a framework for student-athletes to perform their potential by teaching and developing skill levels and game strategies for all team members during practice sessions in preparation for their use during intercollegiate competition while utilizing proper judgment in the instruction and expectations while operating with the highest possible safety standards observed.
- Develop teams which are competitive within the conference, region and nationally by maximizing the student-athletes’ talents while also teaching and promoting teamwork.
- Oversee conduct and discipline of the team.
- Fulfill operational duties to include, but not limited to, practice, game, and facility scheduling.
- Hire and supervise assistant coach(s)/graduate assistant(s) for program.
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- Master’s degree (preferred).
- Expertise in the sport having a minimum of 5 years of progressive coaching experience on the intercollegiate level (preferred).
- Knowledge of and compliance with the NCAA Division III mission and philosophies (preferred).
- Budgeting background (preferred).
- Successful recruiting and student retention experience (preferred).