Under the general direction and supervision of the Athletic Director, the Part-Time Head Men’s Soccer Coach manages and directs the day-to-day operations of the Soccer operations. The incumbent also advises and supervises athletic activities on and off campus, ensures the safety and welfare of all students, and enforces all NJCAA and college policies and procedures.
- Recruitment: Recruit students/athletes who are of college caliber and maintain a full team.
- Team travel: Responsible for team conduct on all trips, following departmental policies on trips, and returning college vehicles in clean order.
- Equipment: Work with the Athletic Director to order team equipment, and distribute and collect all team-issued equipment.
- Administration: Prepare team rosters, keep receipts of all money transactions and provide appropriate forms, report all scores to designated media, attend all meetings, such as Southeast Staff, Region IX, and provide necessary information for team and individual honors to Region IX.
- Academic Monitoring: Support and enforce all academic monitoring rules and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and their applications, with the ability to interpret and apply NJCAA regulations.
- Knowledge of Soccer practice planning and organization, game preparation and management, conditioning, and recruiting.
- Ability to organize and motivate student-athletes.
- Ability and skills to provide personal and emotional counseling for students.
- Ability to drive a school vehicle (automobile or van).
- Knowledge and ability to recognize identify and resolve potential student problems.
- Ability and skills to articulate policies to students, verbally and in written form.