The Head Coach is responsible for implementing, managing and overseeing all aspects of the Prairie State College men’s tennis program. The Head Coach provides leadership, direction, and guidance for the entire program.
- Organize and coordinate total program and give support and cooperation to all levels of sports at Prairie State College.
- Be available to the surrounding communities and feeder high schools to contribute to public relations in a supportive manner.
- Formulate goals and behavioral objectives for sport season.
- Remain abreast of current information and innovative ideas and techniques by attending clinics and workshops, and through professional reading.
- Possess adequate understanding of by-laws and regulations as defined by the NJCAA, including rules and rule changes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coaching experience as a head coach or assistant coach in a college/university or high school setting.
- Ability to assist in recruitment of student-athletes and operate under NJCAA by-laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills necessary to interface with students, faculty and general public.
- Experience working with a culturally diverse student population.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, as providing transportation to and from contests, via the use of Prairie State College vehicles, is required.