Capital University invites applications for the Head Men's Tennis Coach position. This is a three-quarter time, twelve-month benefit eligible position. This position will be responsible for the overall development and maintenance of the Capital University Men's Tennis Program, which is a member of the NCAA Division III and Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC).
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans, conducts, and teaches game skills and strategies, pre-season conditioning, team selection, practice sessions and competitive events.
- Develops team rules, carries out team discipline and records team and individual team improvement.
- Work collaboratively within the University to plan, organize, implement, and follow up on an extensive on-going recruiting effort through written, verbal, and personal contact with student-athletes.
- Oversee compliance with NCAA and OAC rules and regulations.
- Oversee the appointments, supervision and all actions of the assistant coaches and support staff for the softball program.
- Oversee and maintain the operations and booster accounts budget management for the men's tennis program.
- Coordinate athletic events and programs that are planned intentionally to enhance the campus community and school pride.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are always followed.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations, and policies of all governing bodies (Capital University, OAC, and NCAA).
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree or equivalent highly preferred with preference given to applicants with a minimum of two years of coaching experience at the college level.
- A valid driver's license.
- Must have computer proficiency.
- Must be able to pass a background check prior to being hired.