This is a part-time, 10-month position. Candidates should demonstrate tennis coaching success; excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills; possess a strong commitment to the academic achievement of student-athletes; and the ability to act as a mentor to all student-athletes of USJ. The Athletic Department is a fast paced, intensive, high energy environment. Coaches and staff work an intensive schedule including weekends and evenings.
Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to)
- In charge of the recruiting of prospective qualified student-athletes.
- Organize and plan all practice sessions
- Game strategies, on and off season conditioning programs and non-traditional season participation.
- Monitors academic progress of all Tennis student-athletes
- Monitors Tennis Budget
- Supervises Assistant Coach
- Monitors retention of all Tennis student-athletes
- Organizes travel plans
- Develops strategies for fundraising
- Ensure compliance with all College, NCAA Division III and GNAC policies
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years coaching experience as Head or Assistant Coach at the College or High School Level
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee population
- Commitment to the mission of the University of Saint Joseph
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff and strongly encourages applications from women and people of color.
NON-DISCRIMINATION & TITLE IX INFORMATION.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES INFORMATION.