- Teaches students the art, craft, and science of the sport of volleyball. Develops and directs an effective program fostering the academic, athletic and personal growth of student-athletes.
- Ensures goals are consistent with those of Roanoke College, the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division III.
- Ensure that the health, safety, integration to campus life and academic pursuits of student-athletes are managed for full academic and athletic success.
- Manages the budget for the program and tracks expenditures carefully. Works closely with the Athletic Director and our Resource Development Office to raise necessary funds for initiatives beyond budget.
- Responsible for hiring, professional development, and evaluation of assistant volleyball coach.
- Develop and implement an effective strategy that supports the college’s ability to recruit qualified student-athletes.
- Maintains office hours conducive to accomplishing student-athlete mentoring responsibilities and the recruiting demands of men’s volleyball, while insuring availability to meet with prospective students interested in playing men’s volleyball at Roanoke College.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Previous successful coaching experience on the high school, club, or college level demonstrated by a positive mental attitude, adjusting to adversity, and developing young people as whole persons.
- Working knowledge of computers, including word processing and database software.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; ability to get along well with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature, and flexible manner.
- High energy level with an ability to work nights and weekends.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license and clean or near clean driving record to transport students and use college vehicles.
Roanoke College is a nationally ranked residential liberal arts college affiliated with the Lutheran Church (ELCA), located in the beautiful Roanoke Valley of Virginia. A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Roanoke College is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its faculty, staff, and students; women and members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.