This position will report to the Director of Athletics. The SUNY Poly athletics program is an NCAA III member of the North Atlantic Conference (NAC). Men's Volleyball is a member of the New England Volleyball Conference (NEVC).
- Ensure that the varsity men's volleyball team meets all NCAA, NEVC, SUNY, and institutional compliance standards;
- Remain apprised of NCAA playing rules updates;
- Ensure that the men's volleyball program represents SUNY Poly in the best possible way on and off of the court, in the classroom, and in the community;
- Communicate regularly with administrators, athletic training staff, support staff, head coaches, assistant coaches, student-athletes;
- Collaborate with campus partners, i.e., Facilities, Custodial, University Police, Residence Life, Campus Activities, Admissions, Wellness Center, etc for athletics program needs;
- Engage with SUNY Poly men's volleyball and athletics alumni/ae and friends of the programs;
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse student-athlete, student, faculty, staff, and community population;
- Play an integral part in the on-campus recruitment of men's volleyball student-athletes.
- Bachelor's Degree is required from college or University accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization;
- Minimum of 3 years' experience coaching volleyball, preferably at the collegiate level;
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications, or ability to obtain upon hire;
- Ability to lift, carry, etc up to 50 pounds;
- Experience managing student employees and/or assistant coaches;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Excellent teaching, verbal, written, and computer communication skills.