Lead the highly successful Men’s Volleyball Team. Provide vision and direction as the team continues to pursue its mission: “Winning Championships – Developing Champions.” ONU is a member of the NAIA. The Head Coach reports directly to the Athletic Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and supervise a fall/spring game and practice schedule.
- Work within budgetary guidelines for all phases of the program.
- Arrange transportation through public safety for all matches.
- Recruit and maintain a team of 24 players.
- Schedule practice and game facilities through the Athletic director and Facilities Coordinator.
- Provide supervision at all practices and matches.
- Provide players with proper practice opportunities and knowledge to improve their game.
- Keep the supplies and equipment for their particular sport in full repair and secure. Includes pre and post season inventory (with copy going to Athletic Director) and includes supervising and coordinating the prudent use of these during the season and storage during the remainder of the year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A lifestyle in agreement with the ONU Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
- Possess personal characteristics such as vision and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding and sympathy for education in the Wesleyan tradition and Nazarene school sponsorship.
- Demonstrate an active relationship with Christ as expressed in faith and service, which is in accord with the mission of Olivet Nazarene University.