Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, the Head Men's Volleyball Coach is responsible for all aspects of the development and administration of a successful NCAA Division III Intercollegiate Volleyball Program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all College and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC), Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), rules, regulations, and policies. The Head Coach will supervise and delegate certain functions to the Assistant Men's Volleyball Coach.
- Teach and develop Volleyball specific skills in a successful, safe and prudent manner;
- Create, present, and maintain records of up-to-date lesson plans for pre-season/season practice drills and procedures detailing the desired goals to be achieved;
- Schedule practice and game preparation sessions; conduct post game analysis and incorporate into lesson plans;
- Conduct research of opposing teams;
- Initiate new ideas and methods to improve the program in support of the College goal of a successful conference and attainment of a regional level Intercollegiate Associate ranking relevant to Volleyball.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- Intercollegiate Volleyball specific experience.
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of coaching intercollegiate sports with ability to recruit talented players for the Volleyball program.
- Knowledgeable and current on all College rules and regulations concerning eligibility and recruiting related to specific sport that is being coached.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Current driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work evening and weekends and some holidays.