This position will perform all duties associated with being head and assistant coach including scheduling, practice and competition, recruiting, budget management, mentoring of student-athletes, and other duties as assigned.
- Managing and administering the cross country program and middle distance/distance runners during indoor/outdoor track season.
- Recruiting prospective student-athletes that promote the University’s commitment to academic and athletic excellence.
- Assist with preparing and coordinating schedule, team travel, fundraising.
- Conducting in-season cross country practice and planning; out of season conditioning.
- Complying with all NCAA, GLVC, and University rules and regulations.
- Managing operations budget including equipment, travel, recruiting, fundraising.
- Supervise any student assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Minimum two (2) years cross country/distance coaching experience;
- Ability to recruit and retain quality cross country and track student-athletes;
- Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules.