The Head Coach for Cross Country is responsible for managing an intercollegiate Cross Country program to include teaching, recruiting, instructing, and coaching students and coordinating various program related activities. The Head Coach of Cross Country is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Bay College and the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Associates Degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years High School or Collegiate coaching experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the sports program.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of NJCAA regulations and guidelines governing recruitment and retention of student athletes.
- Ability to maintain an effective sports program.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to lead and guide student-athletes.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Teach sport skills, condition and motivate student-athletes to positive action and utilize effective strategies to produce a successful student experiences
- Monitor student-athlete attendance, academic progress and graduation.
- Oversee and monitor the conduct of the student-athletes and under the direction of the Athletic Director, oversee discipline of student athletes if necessary.
- Monitor recruitment needs, recruit a sufficient number of new student-athletes annually and retain current student-athletes, in accordance with NJCAA rules and regulations, through scouting, attending meets/events, and home visits.
- Assist student-athletes going through eligibility requirements/compliance paperwork.
- Plan, prepare and administer practices plans and competition strategy plans.
- Create and organize off-season, in-season and post-season plans.
- Work with the Athletic Director to arrange team schedules, including travel to games and practice.