In coordination with the Director of T&F/XC, serve as the head coach of the men’s and women’s cross country programs and coach the distance events during indoor/outdoor track & field. Perform all of the duties associated with being the head coach including managing meets, events and practices, recruitment, budget management, supervision and mentoring of student-athletes, scheduling, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes, plans, schedules, and conducts safe training, practices, and conditioning activities for XC/distance student-athletes.
- Assesses skills and instructs XC/distance student-athletes on individual/team athletic performance.
- Schedules and supervises competitive XC contests, and coordinates travel options with appropriate administrators.
- Plays an active part in coordinating with the Director of T&F/XC on an annual recruiting plan to meet XC/T&F roster goals and attain the full roster growth potential of all teams. Helps to identify, evaluate, and actively recruit academically and athletically qualified student-athletes through cultivation of a talent pool that meets the athletic and academic standards of the University. Conducts correspondence of interest through conventional and digital communication. Evaluates talent off-site at competitions and through recruiting service materials. Invites and coordinates campus visits. Facilitates Admissions application and continues engagement throughout student college decision process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of the sports of cross country and track & field.
- Ability to recruit and retain quality cross country and track & field student-athletes.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills. Responsive and timely in manner.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic success of student-athletes.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team atmosphere on the T&F/XC staff and within the athletic department.
- Strong commitment to the NCAA DIII philosophy; shares and promotes the philosophy of the athletic department.