Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and direct activities involved with NCAA DII Cross Country/Track & Field.
- Coach the Cross Country/Track & Field teams in competition.
- Direct daily practice during the prescribed season.
- Provide instruction and development for individual/team improvement, teach overall team and individual player strategies, analyze athlete performance, prepare student-athletes for the highest possible levels of competition.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes within the guidelines of PNW and NCAA academic admission standards.
- Assist with the development and manage the team budget.
- Coordinate team travel for away competition including team transportation, lodging, and meals.
- Construct competition schedule with approval of the Director of Athletics.
- Must have strong team building and management skills.
- Ability to work across academic and administrative departments in a cooperative manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate collaborative efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, management, & leadership.
- Ability to interact with members of the public and media.
- Ability to supervise regular and temporary staff.
- Understanding of the student-athletes commitment to academics.
Purdue University Northwest is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.