The head cross-country/track & field coach is responsible for the implementation of a competitive cross-country/track & field program. This role will be responsible for coaching, recruiting, training, supervising, and retention of student-athletes. They will recommend the hiring of an assistant coach and provide direct supervision to an assistant coach. The head cross-country/track & field coach will be required to uphold compliance of all College, United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) and National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) policies. Will report directly to the Athletic Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Recruit student-athletes according to USCAA, NAIA, and Admissions procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision of all team practices, contests, and off-season programs.
- Prepares game schedules, practices, travel plans, and training sessions.
- Responsible for the program’s annual operational budget.
- Ensure all student-athletes succeed academically, athletically, and leaderly.
- Participate in community activities to promote the student-athletes, team, and department.
- Maintain scholarship requirements based on SMWC and NAIA upper limits.
- Adhere to rules set forth by the Athletic Code of Conduct, USCAA, and NAIA.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of sport-specific head coaching experience at the intercollegiate level. 5+ years of sport-specific head coaching experience at the intercollegiate level, preferred.
- 2+ years of sports performance experience in intercollegiate athletics.
- Working knowledge of USCAA and NAIA rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suites.
- AED/CPR/First Aid certification preferred.