Responsible for the day-to-day management and organization of the Men’s and Women’s Golf programs including games and practices, evaluation and recruitment of student athletes, academic monitoring of team, promotion of current players to four-year institutions, and management of budgets within program. Student Success Center/Advising or Enrollment Coach duties as assigned based on the successful candidate’s skill set.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of student athletes for intercollegiate competition.
- Daily management of golf program.
- Recruitment of student athletes
- Academic monitoring of student athletes.
- Supervision of graduate assistant.
- Contact high schools in assigned territories while maintaining records and documenting all contacts and follow-up conversations.
- Assist in hosting visitors to campus by responding to questions, giving college tours, and providing college information.
- Serve as primary point of contact for prospective students and help them navigate through the enrollment process while maintaining a high level or customer service throughout all interactions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors, parents, and the general public.
- Recruit a full team roster of student athletes.
- Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Effectively monitoring and maintaining budgets.
- Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written communications.
- Be creative, energetic, and self-motivated individual with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to effectively relate to a diverse group of students.
- Ability to interpret and comply with all college and NJCAA regulations and policies.
- Develop and maintain working relations with all areas of the college.