The Head Golf Coach will be responsible for the operation and/or oversight of all aspects of planning, organizing and supervising two highly competitive men’s and women’s golf programs at the NCAA Division II level.
- Recruit qualified student-athletes with a commitment to compete and achieve at a high level both academically and athletically.
- Responsible for coaching and the development of the student-athlete’s physical and mental training and preparation as it pertains to practice preparation, on course management and ability to find success.
- Responsible for directing and managing all necessary coaching and administrative duties associated with the operation of a NCAA D2 athletic program including financial aid management, budget management, practice plans, scheduling, travel, equipment/gear, team discipline, commitment to gender equity and NCAA, GLIAC and Ferris State rules and guidelines.
- Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes and provide encouragement, support, and referral assistance as appropriate.
- Develop, promote and manage fundraising activities, including but not limited to camps/clinics, to generate additional financial resources required for both men’s and women’s golf programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
Ferris State University, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within its community. Ferris offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates seeking careers in a student-focused environment that values opportunity, collaboration, diversity and educational excellence. Learn more about the Ferris Mission and community at ferris.edu. The University actively seeks applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. For more information on the University’s Policy on Non-Discrimination, visit: Ferris Non-Discrimination Statement.