Catawba College (“Catawba”) seeks a Head Men’s and Women’s Golf Coach to manage all aspects of a competitive and successful NCAA Division II golf program with the primary responsibility being the planning and instruction of golf skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compliance with NCAA, SAC and Catawba Policies and Regulations.
- The head coach must be efficient at individualized and team instruction with emphasis on teaching all skills and strategies associated with the sport.
- Recruiting quality student-athletes that are committed to the Catawba mission within the allotted scholarship structure and limits.
- Commitment to and the management of program budget.
- Coordinate and maintain regular communication with Catawba athletics staff, including the Director of Athletics, Compliance, Sports Medicine, Media Relations, Video, Strength & Conditioning, and Facilities Operations.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Successful collegiate coaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in on course instruction and knowledge of the game.
- Ability to recruit student-athletes that will be successful in the classroom and on the course.
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate student-athletes.
- Strong communication, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to produce and manage a competitive Golf program are important.