- Monitor and maintain budgets. Establish, approve, and manage student athlete scholarships.
- Train and supervise golf graduate assistant.
- Recruitment of new students.
- Retention and student support of existing students.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations within the student service position including goal setting, requesting of budgets and resources, measuring outcomes, evaluating outcomes, and setting direction for future tasks.
- Direct communication with supervisor.
- Increase participation in student services area while providing positive student experiences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be organized and have excellent planning and time management skills.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to manage and supervise activities, personnel, and budgets.
- Knowledge of a variety of student life areas and issues.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and delegate tasks when appropriate.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the mainframe.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, prospective, former, and current students, clients, vendors, and the community.
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code.