The Head Men’s and Women’s Golf Coach/ Sport Sponsorships is responsible for the overall administration of the golf program including the direction, instruction and supervision of assistant coaches. The position will also assist with aspects of sponsorship solicitation and management that helps support a diverse population of over 500 student-athletes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct the men’s and women’s golf program according to all NCAA Division III and University rules and regulations.
- Follow purchasing and spending guidelines as set by the University and athletic department.
- Complete scheduling and travel arrangement of all competitive events.
- Responsible for recruiting diverse and qualified golf student-athletes to the University
- Proactively support students from historically marginalized backgrounds.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in-season and competition coaching.
- Maintains relationship with home contracted golf course for practice and competition scheduling.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's Degree is required; Master’s Degree is preferred.
- The successful candidate should possess strong leadership and communication skills along with the ability to recruit high quality student-athletes.
- The candidate must be committed to the mission of a private liberal arts University and an understanding of how the sports of golf and athletics in general fit into this environment.
- Salary will commensurate with experience.