The Head Men's and Women's Indoor-Outdoor Track & Field and Cross-Country Coach will report to the Director of Athletics. Responsibilities will include all aspects of coaching, student development and recruiting as well as assisting the Director of Athletics in the leadership, vision and supervision of the men's and women's indoor-outdoor track & field and cross-country program.
- Perform key program planning functions for assigned team(s), in conjunction with the mission and culture of the college and in consultation with the Director of Athletics.
- Serve as professional educator for all student athletes, encouraging individual as well as team goal setting, acknowledging individual challenges and achievements, encouraging academic achievement and positive social interactions at all times.
- Carry out various team development tasks, including: generating on-campus participants, conditioning of athletes, monitoring academic and personal development through program evaluations.
- Plan and carry out team practice sessions, coach team during contests, modeling good sportsmanship and positive social interactions at all times.
- Recruit student athletes: maintain up-to-date files of prospective students; evaluate athletic performance and meet with prospective students; participate in special department recruitment programs/activities.
- Prepare facilities for practices and home contests.
- Arrange travel for away games.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Certifications appropriate to the relevant sport, division, or other regulating agency.
- Two years of high school or college coaching experience, with collegiate playing experience desirable, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Basic knowledge and skills related to college athletic programs, with demonstrated skills in assigned team sports.
- Demonstrated basic teaching/coaching skills.