The Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach & Aquatics Director recruits, trains and provides guidance to members of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming team in a manner which promotes the academic, athletic and social success of athletes and is consistent with the mission and goals of the University of Bridgeport Athletic Department. This position oversees all aspects of operating a safe and successful aquatics facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Represent the University of Bridgeport and the Athletic Department in a positive manner with a high degree of integrity and quality.
- Promote and support the University of Bridgeport and its mission.
- Promote and support the University of Bridgeport Athletic Department’s program mission and goals.
- Promote Men’s and Women’s Swimming.
- Provide leadership in the planning and operation of the program.
- Administer Men’s and Women’s Swimming program within the policies of University of Bridgeport, team conference, and the NCAA.
- Organize and facilitate all daily practice sessions, contest preparation, competition and off-season training.
- Adhere to operating, equipment and scholarship budgets as established by the Athletic Department.
- Delegate responsibilities to assistants, student coaches, and squad members.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred;
- CPR/AED certification;
- 3-5 years’ experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Coaching and /or participation at collegiate level preferred; demonstrated ability and passion to teach swimming;
- Knowledge and experience in aquatics
- Ability to work weekdays, evenings and weekends;
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and meet University of Bridgeport’s Driving Requirements;
- Willingness to fundraise.