Girard College is looking for candidates for the position of Head Varsity Boys’ and Girls’ Volleyball Coach. The head coach is responsible for teaching and training male and female High School students, the game of volleyball. He/she must also create a high energy, positive team culture that reflects the mission statement of the school.
- Organize, prepare, and conduct open tryouts.
- Assist in academic monitoring and support for all student-athletes.
- Determine the system of play to be used.
- Coordinate an effective in-season and off-season conditioning program.
- Assist the Athletic Director with scheduling competitions.
- Discuss the proposed budget for the volleyball program for each upcoming season with the Athletic Director and recommend the purchasing of equipment and uniforms.
- Follow the care plan of the athletic training staff for prevention and care of player injuries and other health-related issues.
- Maintain current health care certifications. (First Aid, CPR/AED).
- Project positive coaching behavior during practice, home, and away competitions, and traveling.
- Develop an effective recruiting system with the Athletic Director that is in line with the admissions guidelines of the school.
- Provide guidance and support to enhance a student-athlete’s welfare regarding his/her academic and athletic experience while at Girard College.
- A bachelor’s degree is required and a minimum of three years of coaching experience on the high school, collegiate, or professional level.
- The candidate must have completed the PIAA coaching education requirements at the time of hire.
- The candidate must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with student athletes, administration, faculty, and staff.