ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, organize and lead practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with student athletes in the sport. Supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all school sanctioned events; ensure student safety at all times and make sure student athletes are equipped for safety.
- Supervise assistant coaches and volunteer coaches.
- Attend and monitor all practices and games.
- Communicate to athletes and parents student athlete expectations including practice schedules and games, as well as academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication, and sportsmanship.
- Conduct administrative responsibilities including inventory and security of equipment and supplies, budget, transportation, tracking eligibility and academic progress of student athletes, etc.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Oral and written communication skills.
- English language skills.
- Interpersonal relations skills.
- Customer service and public relations skills.
- Communicate and demonstrate sportsmanship with all athletes, officials, parents and community members.
- Bilingual oral and written communication skills preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.