- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgment.
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations (i.e. emergencies, employee/parent concerns)
- Ensure the safety of students.
- Set a good moral and ethical example for athletes, the student body, and community.
- Work cooperatively with the Athletic Boosters to better the athletic program.
- Follow the athletic policy so there will be consistency in dealing with athletes in a fair and firm manner.
- Conduct oneself in an ethical manner during contests and practices.
- Set up practice schedules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- An extensive knowledge and background of the sport that he/she is coaching.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Effective, active listening skills.
- Organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of child development and an understanding of age appropriate tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Interacts in a positive manner with staff, parents and students.