- Current coaching endorsement or authorization from the State of Iowa.
- Ability to work well with others and willingness to assume responsibility.
- Ability to effectively supervise students while maintaining a positive relationship with them.
- Enjoys working with young people as well as staff and parents
- Capable of representing the school in a professional manner, which includes, but is not limited to: confidentiality, good oral and written communication skills, regular attendance and appropriate dress.
- Ensure that all athletes are properly supervised at all times.
- Attend the district's coaching workshop each year to participate in blood borne pathogen training, care of athletic injury update and review of school policies.
- Participate in organizing and conducting a meeting with parents to discuss policies, expectations and any other information deemed necessary, before the first interscholastic contest.
- Assist with making sure that all physical forms, proof of insurance and good conduct policy acknowledgements are completed and returned.
- Help get equipment ready to be used and issue equipment and uniforms.
- Ensure that training rules and eligibility regulations are enforced and violations reported.
- Help organize home meets and get facilities ready for use.
- Help supervise and maintain the locker rooms, showers and training rooms.