To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes. To upgrade his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Good Communication skills.
- Enjoys the sport and working with this age level.
- Able to teach and demonstrate skill development as well as advanced technique.
- Able to assist in coordinating and assisting an off-season program.
- Work with local Recreation programs on development and increased participation in the lower levels and high school program.
- Positive Role Model.
- Reliable work attendance.
It is the policy of Fort Dodge Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity, and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices.