- To lead, promote, and facilitate student athletes to achieve maximum potential in the chosen activity /sport by instilling ethical values, teamwork and a winning attitude.
- To assist the head coach in the organization of practices and meetings to teach and promote the fundamentals of the activity/sport.
- Fundamentals of Coaching;
- Concussion Education;
- Valid CPR Certification;
- First Aide/Health Safety;
- A thorough knowledge of the sport/activity that is being taught;
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training – Lindsey’s Law;
- Alternative to the above qualifications as superintendent and/or board of education may find appropriate.
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgment;
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations (i.e. emergencies, employee/parent concerns);
- Ensure the safety of students;
- Set a good moral and ethical example for athletes, the student body, and community;
- Work cooperatively with the Athletic Boosters to better the athletic program;
- Follow the athletic policy so there will be consistency in dealing with athletes in a fair and firm manner;
- Conduct oneself in an ethical manner during contests and practices.