Essential Job Functions:
- Attend work in a regular, reliable and punctual manner.
- Instructs players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercise.
- Assesses player’s skills; monitors players during competition and practice.
- Determines game strategy.
- Supervises assistant coaches.
- Supervises athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Organize, maintains and instructs in the weight room.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students.
- Submits list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Current teaching or substitute certificate with 60 college credits.
- 3 years’ experience as a head football coach at the high school or college level preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Must be able to pass background screening including fingerprinting.