The Head of Athletics is responsible for all aspects of the PreK through grade 12 physical education and sports programs. The Head will develop and promote programs and policies that foster the growth of student athletes as well as recruit, mentor, evaluate, and coordinate personnel.
- Create budgets and maintain finances for the athletic department.
- Schedule all athletic games, events and requests for athletic facilities using the master athletic calendar on the school’s website
- Create and develop physical education curriculum for grades PreK through 12.
- Publicize the school’s athletic successes by communicating with area publication sports reporters and the school’s Communications Director
- Maintain the school’s athletic website.
- Travel to athletic events.
- After school and weekend hours required.
- A Master’s degree is preferred or a minimum of a Bachelor degree is required.
- Education specializing in interscholastic athletic leadership.
- Love and enthusiasm for athletics and the positive affect they have on students.
- Experience working with or teaching students in a PreK-12 setting, particularly in an independent, all-girl setting.
- Genuine affinity for working with children and families in an educational setting
- Background in athletic training or extensive coaching experience.
- Involvement in professional organizations affiliated with high school athletics.
- Experience scheduling and organizing multiple teams and coaches.