Houston Dynamo FC is seeking candidates for the Head of Sports Science for the Houston Dash. This position will lead Sport Science support of Dash players, working closely with the Technical, Medical, and Performance teams, leading day-to-day training and match load data, planning and delivery of day-to-day wellness, physical training, to meet performance requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage development, maintenance and monitoring of daily wellness, internal and external training load reports in collaboration with the Performance, Medical, Nutrition, Psychology leads, aiming to provide individualized player management plans, monitoring, and support.
- Deliver data management to provide the players and staff with insights into player performance and injury prevention. Deliver performance data metrics and insights to Technical staff to inform daily, weekly, and overall season planning.
- Assist and contribute to the development of innovative, integrated, and bespoke, player monitoring and management plans to all first team players.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and upkeep, of a centralized system to optimize physical data visualization and interpretation, as well as house data to assist in the LTAD of all players at the club.
- Provide sport science support to players during all training sessions and games, with travel required.
- Assist with on-field training, conditioning and return to play sessions in collaboration with the Strength & Conditioning and Performance teams.
- Master’s degree in Sports Science or performance related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the field of sports science/performance.
- CSCS, UKSCA or equivalent.
- Sport Science support experience with elite soccer players (exception may be granted for experience in other professional sports).
- Experience and proficiency in all software necessary to support team needs and utilizing sports science technologies such as: STATSports GPS, Polar, VALD (NordBord and Force Decks), and other Athlete Management Systems.
- Knowledge of NWSL and International soccer.