The UH Hilo Head Women’s Soccer Coach leads, organizes, prepares, implements and manages quality assurance for all aspects of the women’s soccer program. The Head Coach is an integral member of the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics staff team and reports directly to the Director of Athletics or designee in the AD’s absence.
- Executes all responsibilities as Head Coach in a manner that reflects an ongoing commitment to the excellence, integrity and success of the women’s soccer program, of the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics, and the University of Hawai`i at Hilo.
- Prepares and organizes daily practice sessions, game preparation for competition and off-season training.
- Recommends and prepares all schedules for home tournaments and non-conference games to the Director of Athletics.
- Organizes and administers the recruiting of prospective student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, PWC, and the University of Hawai`i at Hilo policies and procedures.
- Organizes the scouting of future opponents including video tape analysis.
- Organizes and directs the coaching staff to carry out the goals and objectives of the women’s soccer program.
- Responsibly expends allocated budget and ensures that the budget balances each fiscal year.
- Recommends personnel, financial and facilities requirements for the women’s soccer program to the Director of Athletics.
- Possession of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in any field, and three (3) seasons of soccer experience in university or college coaching soccer.
- Any equivalent combination of education and training experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with the general public, University community, and the athletic community.
- Experience working in multi-cultural environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.