The Head Coach is responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective and competitive NCAA Division I men's soccer program. The recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes in this program will be integral to this position. The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects that relate to the Men’s Soccer program to include the ongoing development of the student-athletes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and comply with all rules and guidelines set forth by the NCAA, the MAAC, and Mount St. Mary’s.
- Provide a framework for student-athletes to perform their potential by teaching and developing skill levels and game strategies for all team members during training sessions in preparation for their use during intercollegiate competition
- Teach and set expectations of appropriate team conduct during competition, travel, practice and University events, and at any other times when the team is representing the University.
- Develop teams which are competitive within the conference, region and nationally by maximizing the student-athletes’ talents while also teaching and promoting teamwork.
- Provide guidance to student-athletes through teaching life skills and social responsibility in order to improve their physical, intellectual and social maturity.
- Create an environment through instruction and modeling for student-athletes to observe and learn integrity, camaraderie, and respect in order to provide a positive environment for all student-athletes.
- Serve as a resource to student-athletes navigating the balance of academic and athletic demands appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- Master’s degree (preferred).
- Expertise in the sport having a minimum of 5 years of progressive coaching experience on the intercollegiate level.
- Knowledge of and compliance with the NCAA Division I mission and philosophies.
- Budgeting background.
- Successful recruiting and student retention experience.