Provide instruction and coach students to develop skills and ability to excel in sport assigned. Provide students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- General knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of University Interscholastic League (UIL) rules
- Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Four years’ experience as a coach or participant in sport assigned.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contest and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork and good sportsmanship.
- Collaborate with students, parents and other members of staff to develop IEP through the ARD Committee process for each student assigned.
- Plan and use appropriate instrucional and learning stategies, activities, materials and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs for students assigned.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Keep informed of and ensure compliance with all UIL rules.
- Accompany and supervise student athletes during athletic competitions in assigned sports on out-of-town trips.
- Encourage, by example and through instruction, sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation.