This position directs, provides leadership, and oversees all coaching duties for the Softball program. Directs and coordinates all aspects of recruitment and training for athletic competition and oversees the planning of the program activities while developing high expectations for student athletes to achieve in the classroom and athletic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit quality student athletes to participate in the softball program for New Mexico Highlands University which is affiliated with the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference;
- Continually assess athletic ability and improvement and provide high levels of guidance to assist improvement of student athletes in these areas;
- Demonstrated success working with limited resources;
- Participate and generate in fundraising activities for the softball program and athletic department;
- Develop high expectations for student athletes to achieve in the classroom and in the athletic environment;
- Develop performance standards for athletes and coaches to achieve high levels of competition;
- Assess academic improvement regarding student athletes and provide high levels of guidance to assist improvement of athletes in these areas;
- Utilize researched based methods of instruction to ensure that athletes receive high quality coaching;
- Organize, plan and implement practice and game plans to ensure that NMHU athletes have a chance to compete at the highest levels.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Experience: Five (5) years Softball coaching experience.
- Pass NCAA Coaches Certification Curriculum exam within first two (2) weeks of employment;
- Must possess and maintain a valid NM driver’s license. Selection of an out of state candidate will require possession of a valid New Mexico Driver’s license within sixty (60) days of employment.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and odd hours.