To instruct participants in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a high degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student-athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation and internalization of pride of accomplishment, self-discipline, self-confidence and sportsmanship.
- Serves as the leader and manager for the softball program.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
- Establishes and maintains written standards of student behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Assigns duties to all assistant coaches under his/her jurisdiction; including out of season workouts.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Establishes a program philosophy that would including establishing a feeder program that may incorporate youth camps and clinics.
- Ensures that appropriate rules and regulations regarding the conduct and eligibility of athletic activities and athletes are explained and followed.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Attend all practices, games, and other functions on a prompt and regular basis.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain satisfactory and harmonious working relationships with the public, students, and other employees.
- Assist with other duties as may be assigned.