Under direction, to assist in the planning, development, and implementation of the policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to an interscholastic sports program; to serve as a resource concerning physical education and physical activity instruction; to instruct and train sports activities groups in attaining proficiency in sport related functions; and to do other related functions as directed.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates sports activities and training workouts, and coaches individuals concerning specific physical performance activities and procedures.
- Instructs and demonstrates the principles, methods and techniques of regulating the movement of body, hands, feet to achieve maximum proficiency in the related sport activity.
- Observes sport participants during practice and workout sessions to detect and correct errors in activity procedures and methods.
- Instructs, explains and enforces health and safety rules and regulations.
- Develops and implements physical conditioning programs that allows athletes to achieve maximum performance.
- Reviews, audits and monitors sport activity related injuries and determines the most appropriate time for an athlete to return to active sport participation.
- Selects or assists in the selection of interscholastic sport activity uniforms and related sport apparatus and equipment.
- Assesses the athletic team skills and abilities and the opponents capabilities and determines game strategies.
- Two years of experience as an interscholastic sports coach.
- Minimum age of 22 years or be a college graduate.