A school coach provides the necessary practice, support, supervision and advice for the team to be successful against opposing teams in a sports season.
- Previous experience playing or coaching applicable sport.
- Knowledge with the rules and regulations of the sports they plan on coaching.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Communication Skills.
- Team Working Skills.
- Ability to teach relevant skills, tactics and techniques.
- Monitor performance and provide constructive feedback to both individuals and team.
- Some administrative tasks regarding organization and team information distribution.
- Perform related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The coach is responsible for organizing out of season workouts, tryouts and season practices. They are to collaborate with the administration and athletic director in regards to all scheduling that impacts the sport. The coaching staff is expected to work diligently to field athletic teams with student/athletes that represent BCPS with quality players that show strong character daily. It is expected the coaching staff will always be cognizant of the leadership and visibility of a public school coach. At no time should a coach compromise professionalism while representing BCPS in a coaching capacity. Coaches are asked to work closely with athletic directors and administration during any issues that may resolve in additional support.