Northern Oklahoma College Enid is seeking a Head Softball Coach to manage, supervise, coach, teach, and coordinate the women’s softball program that competes in the NJCAA Division I – Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference (OCAC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for teaching, instructing, and implementing skills and strategy in practice.
- Academic duties will include a half-time faculty load assigned through the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Be available during posted office hours for members of the baseball team and students.
- Establish schedules and make travel arrangements.
- Responsible for administration of operational budget.
- Coordinate recruitment and scholarships.
- Monitor academic advisements and progress of student-athletes.
- Represent the College in meetings, which pertain to women’s softball.
- Purchase and store equipment and uniforms.
- Collect and post individual and team statistics to the NJCAA website, regularly update and maintain the team website and social media based upon Athletic Department and College policies.
- Compliance Responsibilities: Insure that NJCAA and College policies and mandated requirements are correctly interpreted and met, and that documentation is maintained per Athletic Department policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Coaching experience preferably on the college level.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and initiative, as well the ability to perform within a dynamic team environment.
- Weekend and evening work will be required.